Art of the Muses

Made to enrich lives,
A harmony of both spheres
pure delight to ears.

Evoke emotions---
an art form as old as time,
---through sound and silence.

bearsfan654 said...
This is a great haiku! It is very wise and powerful! 

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:11 am
Thank you!

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is inspirational. Thank you!

You're welcome~ Thank you for reading it!

maddyhatter said...

that was the best haiku i've read in a long time good job :)

Thank you! It was my pleasure:)

snowleopard100 said...
What an amazing ending!!!! To have a haiku with such a powerful message is very rare so spectacular job!!!!

Thanks for commenting!!!!

gb12197 said...
i really like this. you found such a great waay to desribe music in such few words, which is not easy ro do. it is a really beautiful poem, and it was so easy to understand and find the meaning in it. greaat job :)

Great! I'm glad you liked it and understood its meaning. Some have told me that the poem is ambiguous, which I like---it adds to the mystery, but still I like that someone understood it first.

JoPepper said...
lol when I read as old as time I started to think of Beauty and the Beast (you know, the song) and I loved the last line! Great job, Keep writing!!!

Thanks for commenting, and I was thinking the same thing when I wrote the line: "as old as time."

JoPepper replied...
I love that movie and you're welcome, ever need some feedback just ask!

J-Nav said...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:00 am
hey!
it is remarkably beautiful for a poem a so short. i like the lines 'through sound and silence'. great work and keep writing!!:)

Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:26 am
Thanks for commenting~

AgentOrange789 said...
Wow. I'm really impressed by how much can be expressed in a few words. It normally takes me a lot to write out something so complex. Well done. 

Apr. 2, 2012 at 5:25 am
Thanks for your feedback~

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:08 am
Oh, I do like the last part, "through sound and silence." It's very true. And it sounds pretty too. I like it!

Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:14 am
Thanks~ I thought it was a great way to describe music.

Ariya said...
It's sweet, simple and meaningful everything that haiku should be.  

Cool thanks~