The Blue Hour

Half light and half dark
Earth's shadow illuminate
Sunlight scattering.

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:41 am
hey! beautiful haiku. cool title! i love the way it describes twilight ! great work and keep writing XD!

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:46 am
Thanks! I thought so too~ Thanks for the feedback!

AlwaysAbditive said...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:18 am
I really love the imagery you have here. My only suggestion is to look over your second line. The "illuminate" sounds awkward. Did you mean "illuminates"?

Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:32 am
True I have been approached with this question. But I never saw the "illuminate" as awkward.

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is beautiful. It describes twilight perfectly. Great job!

Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:01 am
Thank you~

samiasaskia24 replied...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:14 am
That paints a vivid picture in my mind!!!!!!!! :)

Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:27 am
Cool thanks samiasaskia24~

Basile said...
Hi beautifulspirit, this haiku is gorgeous! I especially love the last line about the scattering of sunlight. I would only suggest to clarify who is the subject for the verb 'illuminate'. Is it the shadow who is illuminating the Earth? Awesome work! Your title is amazing.

Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:27 am
Hey Basile! Thanks for commenting~ To address any confusion about the poem, my poem takes place at twilight which is between sunrise and sunset or dusk and dawn. At this time of day, sunlight is scattered in the upper atmosphere, illuminating the lower atmosphere---the earth is not bright, but not yet dark---my first line in the poem. It is said that Earth's shadow can be seen at this time. So the shadow is illuminate or made clear, because it can be seen by others. Hope this helps!

LoudDreamer replied...
wow, you know, I never thought of twilight like that. Great job and good imagery.

Your comment is very much appreciated~

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, I really love this haiku. When I read the title, I had no idea what it would be about, but when you started to describe dusk, I knew you had nailed it. My nly suggest would be to add a comma after the second line, and switch the two words in the last line. But other than that, great job! :)

Thank you~ I originally wanted to call my poem Twilight, because of the time of day described, but I thought The Blue Hour would be less predictable.

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:55 am
Wow amazing! You never seem to lose my attention! Great description on this!

Feb. 22, 2012 at 11:10 am
Aww thanks!