On the Edge

I sat on the edge
of falling, dying, or life.
I took the right path.

Rayne said...
Makes me wonder what path was the right one....... Good!

readlovewriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
When I read this it was like you have a choice, your whole life depends on it, and you do the right thing.  It is cool that you can portray this in only 3 lines!  (Did I what you were trying to say?)

samiasaskia24 replied...
Sure you did! Your living right!!!!!!! I hope so at least!!! ;)

samiasaskia24 replied...

Originally I meant it to be like this: Warning, it may take sometime! Well, anyway, falling = getting hurt in any way, physical or mentally etc. dying = dying in any context, actually or metaphorically, and life = living, just LIVING it up (ha ha ha ;) )!!!! When I say qt. "I took the right path" I could have taken any mixture of these three. So, whatever one dose is right to you at that moment!

(I should have just listed this in the 'notes' when I first posted the poem!)

Thanks... (more »)

samiasaskia24 replied...
I don't know why it posted the same thing 2x!

BrokenBree said...
I really like this one too! Short and well written(:

Im--NOT--RayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This made me smile. C: Awesome.

Raytheraym said...
Very nice! :)

akrreid said...
Wow... very thought prevoking! I love it!

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this, it makes the reader think, which path you took (hopefully life :) ). it reminds me of robert frost's "the road less traveled"

CarolynQ said...
This poem gets to you, in three lines you have the reader intrigued, that's talent.

Emily F. said...
Very nice! A few months ago, dying would have been the right path for me, but so much can change so soon. It's weird to think about which path other people would choose, even though it seems obvious.

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Whoa, the ambiguity of this poem is really interesting.  I thought, Which path is actually the right path?  I really liked this one.

musicispassion said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:22 am
i like this i write short pieces to so i like when see short pieces with great imagery but i do love longer piecees to congrats ona great haiku

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very powerful for just three short lines! Great job!

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really liked this. There's a lot packed into three little lines, that's what I love about haikus. There seems to be a big idea behind this, I'd love to see that idea expanded upon.

samiasaskia24 replied...
Do you mean like a long poem about this idea? That's a good idea. I'll inform you when you can look at it. Thanks for the other feedback!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i don't write haiku's so i dont know if this will be any help but still! i really like it and even though its short i can tell there is a lot of emotion behind it. Its very realistic aswel, good job :)

samiasaskia24 said...
Please, please comment!!!!