Unrequited Love

While I am in your
Tight embrace- the winter winds
Cannot chill my bones

Because I can be
No colder than when I am
In your clutching arms

bellariptorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:24 am
This is so beautiful. I can def. relate!

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 9:47 am

This should be in the Mag!

Alon_Freevoice said...
Good job... And the verses are really haikus... :))

SHORT BUT SWEET!! :))

xxMaddCatxx said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:28 am
Wow that was great!  I read the first few lines and was like, how in the world is this about unrequited love? After I read the last three lines, I was like O.O It gave me chills!  It was like, really really really great!  Great doesn't even describe it, it's that good!

TheGraeWolf said...
The first bit appears to be sweet, like a romantic line to a lover, but it turns out it's false and the love is not shared by both. Excellent job, I find this very unique. :)

AshTree said...
The first three lines tricked me and I like that. It was surprising and odd to read: because I can be no colder than when I am in your clutching arms. A love that has fallen flat. I like it.

Phoenix97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Me reading first two lines: *aww cute* :)

Me reading rest of the poem: O.o 

Wow. Where did this come from? It is definitely not cute. Actually, it's kind of haunting...and I'm not entirely sure what I think of it...which I suppose is a good thing, because it makes the poem interesting. Is this from personal experience? It seems genuine, so either it is, or you are a very good liar. :)

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I read this poem imagining someone begging to be loved, desperate for acceptance. it has a cold distant feel to it too as though the person who is trying to get away is thinking "I don't love you, can't you see that?" It's really good.