Persistent Rose

Overgrown rosebush
Reaches aspiring limbs
Out towards its dreams

Thorns misunderstood
Cut away from ambition
Severed branches bleed

Fallen arms reborn
More ambitious than before
Resilient bush

xelawriter97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 9:19 am
Wow. This is amazing. 

AshTree said...
I'm in love with this! I read your comment afterwards and I understood why you put cut away from ambition severed branches bleed. It is really a beautiful thought that after our dreams have been curtailed like a rose's thorns cut off, we grow back stronger and tougher than ever

Phoenix97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The first stanza is good, and the third is good, but the second is my favorite by far. I love the way you worded the first two lines of the second stanza. I think that this stanza has the most striking imagery, although the entire thing is gorgeous. Kudos, by the way on managing to make this fit in haiku form. My haiku wander considerably in the syllable count trying to be descriptive, so I am quite impressed with this poem. :)

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like how you said "fallen arms reborn" in the last line. I can NOT write haikus like at all, so this is pretty awesome to me. C: I think it flows really well.

mandapanda9736 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this! the whole choppy feel of the poem (I'm guessing it's a haiku, because of the comment below mine?) Haiku's are so hard, it takes a lot of work and talent to be able to convey a message while still staying within the rules of the haiku! kudos to you!

elfen_girl said...

wow that was amazing

i love haikus. u really managed to describe the subject really well and with the right siliballs.

(love the comment also)