The art of optical emotion

From essence of tears
We're flung to humanity
Saved from apathy

-leafy- This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It interesting, isn't it, how so few words, just seventeen syllables, can be packed with so much meaning. I will confess, I had to look over this a couple times before I could fully discern the meaning, but that doesn't mean it's any less lovely. If anything, mystery augments the beauty.

savetheplanet said...
Wow, it's an interesting view on the essence of humanity.  I like it. :D

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Testing, testing.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I think it worked! =D

Aderes18 said...
Short but sweet. Like it! :)

IamtheStargirl said...

Short, sweet, and to the point. I'm not sure what the point is, it connects with something deep inside, though.

And I guess that's all that really matters.

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I am in love with this poem, for various reasons. It's concise, and in its short structure it conveys a very relatable feeling. Thank you for writing this.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Thank you so very much! I was hoping that I could say quite a bit with very few words. You have encouraged me in the notion that I've succeeded.

I'm happy to write it, my friend.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
.....what she said. do your dance captain.

Thank you, Boosflash. But I'm shocked at you. You stole the words right from dear Ms. Murphy's pen! You know better than that...

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh, but see dear, I had to be quick because she banned me from my computer, “MY” computer. I was shocked at me too.

Oh my! She had no right to do that. Cease to be shocked.

they can't throw me off the monkey,see here we are still together my dear.

I hope that poor monkey can bear your weight. But I'm glad you're still here; I was feeling a bit lonely, after all.

Awww! hey, they reprinted me in the mag. you must be proud captain.

How could I not be proud? I'm afraid I'll miss you in the papery depths of the monthly magazine, for Teen Ink has not been sending it to my household. It's always good to see your smiling face.

I suppose i should "breathe some fire into my pen". hey what if i wrote something in your honor? i appreciate you captain.

It seems that your pen is always aflame.

I would be delighted with a capital... letter.

CarlyMurphy said...
I just love the complexity hidden behind the simplicity of this poem. You did a beautiful job with this.

I thank you dearly. I almost always hide my complexity behind simplicity...

I'm very grateful for your comment.