When You Can't Sleep This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Insomnia rests
Its eyes on your sleepless chest
And strangles your dreams

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:42 pm:
This is very powerful and deep, very good job!

Zolton225 said...
I rather enjoyed that insomnia was strangling the dream, as in insomnia was personified and what not. Such beautiful simplicity in this. Great job, really.

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I love the rhyme of the first two lines, the way you played with the word "rests," the powerful imagery of the last line - "strangles"! - really this is a brilliant haiku!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Liked that you personified insomnia~ the metaphor was great!

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 6:04 am:
I like the metaphor and I love, love, love this haiku!!!

dia.dreamer said...
Aug. 22, 2011 at 8:21 am:

wow. I'm speechless. :O I love this!!! love the metaphor, love the choice of words, love everything. five stars!

check out my work too. :)

thedreamer said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm:
this is very good, amazing!

tatertot1311 said...
May 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm:
I love this!!!

lyrical_assassin said...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 10:56 am:
Beautiful! Loved it! :)

emobabe13 said...
that was great I can't wait to read more from you!!!

IamtheStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Lovely :)

Nice imagery, this was very well written :)

Congrats on getting it published!

ThisGirlRightHere This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was really, really good. Normally I don't think short poems are able to captivate so much emotion, but some writers can just do that. I surely wish I could, because you can. Amazing job.

Whisperer said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 4:58 am:

for as short as this poem is, it is expressed very well. :) i guess insomnia likes laying on people. great work!

if you want, check out, rate, and comment on my stuff. thanks :)

I_am_the_only_me said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 1:15 am:
I like it a lot an I don't normally care for haikus because they seem too short =] I feel like looking up haikus now :D great job

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is written with the essence of that thing which makes me love haikus. You chose your words carefully (as you were obliged to do) and made something both complicated and simple. Well done, my friend.

JustJanelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 10:43 pm :
Thank you very much!