You're Smart But This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

98, written,
On your Pre-Calc test. You curse
Off those last two points.

His low GPA
Your arrogant grin. “Oh, he's
One of the dumb ones.”

I see you punching
Numbers in calculators
Wounds in people's hearts

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2010 at 1:59 pm:

I LOVE IT. There are a lot of those kids who think they are all that because they are so smart. It's annoying. Uggh.

You're from Edison? Cool, same here!! What school do you go to? (I might know you....ah, that would be weird and awesome at the same time). lol :D

Jane_P This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:51 pm :
I agree. Sometimes the smartest people are the most shallow.

ZiRaww! said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:30 am:
Eventually he will see that being smart wont mean nothing without friends.

Skeezics replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 2:57 pm :
I would have to disagree with that. People can survive quite well without friends. I have and i am doing just fine.

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:44 pm :
You don't get lonely?

Skeezics replied...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:24 pm :
Not really. My dad is in the Military so we move around alot. So i kind of fend for myself. And I have a type of personallity that most people don't like so i dont really have friends. Where i live now is not so bad i have one good friend here but i don't need them. I can fend for myself. I have had to since i was 5.

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 9:10 am :
And you don't miss compony? I know I would.. But are you sure you wwould rather be alone than with a group of people "friends" that care about you? Think about it.

Skeezics replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 1:10 pm :
Being alone honestly doesn't bother me at all. Like i said, i have one friend that i care about but i don't need them.

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 9:01 am :
What about when you "grow" up?

Skeezics replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 9:45 am :
Excuse me :( Just becasue i am able to live my life without having to rely on "friends" to listen to all the petty concerns that people have you think i need to grow up!!!!! Until you have lived through what i have lived through you have no place to put an opinion on how i need to grow up. It is you that needs to grow up!!!!!!

ZiRaww! replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm :
I didn't mean that in a rude way, I meant it as when one gets older; like when your 50 or so. I didn't mean to offend you. I am sorry for angering you. And I know I need a lot of growing up to do, but it's not my time yet.

meritbadge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm :
I think you need friends no matter what age you are.

Skeezics replied...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 2:58 pm :
I am sorry for getting angry. I get very defensive without meaning to. And it isn't really my time yet either but i was forced to grow up very fast becasue of what i have lived through. I am 15 and i have moved 9 times, been to more places than most can count and had to deal with trying to make friends (which i am really really not good at) and trying to adapt to so many places its rediculous.

ZiRaww! replied...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 1:25 pm :
I'm sure you would love having a girls night out though. I'm pretty sure you wont mind compony. so if you ever need a friend, I am always (well not always) here if you neeed someone to talk

Skeezics replied...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 2:22 pm :
"Girls night out" is an empty concept for me. My parents are ridiculously over protective. so it would not be a possibility even if i wanted to, which really i don't

ZiRaww! replied...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 1:27 pm :
Well I'm still here if you ever want to talk.

Skeezics replied...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 12:09 am :
Well thank you for that.

ZiRaww! replied...
May 14, 2010 at 9:43 pm :
No problem

Skeezics replied...
May 15, 2010 at 10:55 am :
Honestly, you seem to be (according to what you have on your profile) someone that i can somewhat relate to.

IndigoE replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:58 pm :
I've moved a few times too, and it takes me awile to make friends. In the times when I don't have them, I can write a hundred times better and I'm able to move more into the book I'm trying to write. Although friends may be nice, I don't think they're necessary because I am kind of a solitary person. It's ironic that that conversation is on this poem because I am quite smart, like that boy, and when there aren't any friends for me to go to, my schoolwork pushes me and makes me content

Skeezics replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 4:41 pm :
i agree 100 percent with what you are saying IndigoE. I too write alot better and believe that friends are not necessary. :)