Without Beauty

She cannot see,
What she possesses,
Without beauty,
She still impresses.

poetrylyrics said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:18 am
Beauty does not define a person. I think this poem tells us that. Check out my first poen .  : )

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah I agree. This poem explains that even without beauty, you can shock and amaze others.

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks for your comment :) I'm glad you enjoyed the poem, but I do have to ask you a question: some people say that although they understand the message I'm sending, the way the poem is worded is stereotypical--that is, I'm assuming beauty is only "good looks," when it can actually be in any form: skills, talent, commitment to others, etc. Do you feel that, while reading the poem, it doesn't accurately relay its message? I like the way it is, short and simply rhyming...do you think it should be... (more »)

poetrylyrics replied...
She cannot see, What she possesses, Without beauty, She still impresses this tells me that beauty is as you say skills etc. i think its the perfect length it gives the eader more to define to break down instead of overcommunicating .

thanks :) I just thought I'd get an extra opinion.

poetrygirl101 said...
This is a really good poem and your right people always think that its what on the inside that counts but they are wrong...you proved that with this poem...

hiii said...
i like how the poem rhymes. it sounds like song lyrics.

kayllaax3 said...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:59 am
Good poem(: It was really good and had a nice rhythm to it.

Lilybean17 said...
very true for most girls!

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 11:53 am
this is really nice, but last i recall, a haiku is a three line poem.

Carmel94 replied...
i also took noticee but its an good poem

Yael S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2010 at 12:48 am
great job.

kysh15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how so much is said in only four lines

BaiLiHua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:43 am
Oh yes, absolutely marvelous. (I should tell you ... Barnes and Noble is my favorite store as well!)

Chickadee said...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 11:58 am
This is really good! It expresses what goes on in just a few lines! Amazing!

blissfully_loved This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well i am glad to hear that!
Surely i will check it out but I have to go and sleep now, I'm very tired. Speaking of my story I really appreciate everyone's opinion, but you mustn't forget that my story has lots of comments and many people praised my work as well as understood it, so I guess it depends on an individual and I can't do much about it. Everyone who thinks about it a bit longer will realize the ending cause there must be a reason why i ended it that way. And ... (more »)

now that you mention your intents and ideas, blissfully_loved, i understand your story more and i appreciate its value more. however, i won't lose my ground that the author should clarify things to the reader but still leave some room for imagination. however, not too much room b/c the reader can't read the author's mind. however, your story wasn't too vague and rereading it...i enjoyed it better after knowing your view on it. thanks for criticing my writing :)

the_invisible This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks :) I actually posted it here just for one reason, to see what I need to improve in the future, so hence I'm going to withdraw it because I wrote it a year ago. However, I'm going to post another story so we will see. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your writing, if you need me, let me know :)

dule_91 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it could definitely be longer. I don't agree that there is no beauty involved, even though if she is not physically beautiful, I'm sure there are tons of other beauties preset in one's personality, so that thing that impresses is definitely some kind of beauty, otherwise it wouldn't impress. Be careful when excluding that word xD

Ehh, yeah. You have a point, dule_91, but when i was writing it, i was kind of thinking of beauty as in the physical beauty and i hoped the reader would get that? but i see what you mean. i really would like to fix it for the better but idk...