The Truth About Haiku's

Haikus are Awesome

But Sometimes They Don't Make Sense

Refridgerator

NoahMorgan__ said...
Your poem brought an aspect not usually used in poetry. Normally haikus are all about nature, sadness, or love but you brought comedy into play. The fact that you used the word “refrigerator” was completely random. To add to the comedy, I enjoy how it shows people that there is no way to write poetry, poetry is all about what you want to write. Thank you for showing people you can write your thoughts regardless of what people think.

Veerangana replied...
today at 4:47 am
It's not haikus, it's haiku And this is horrible..You're indirectly disrespecting haiku

Veerangana replied...
today at 4:47 am

Veerangana replied...
today at 4:47 am

Veerangana replied...
today at 4:47 am

NoniDoni said...
LOL funny! Please Check out my stuff and give me feedback!

PianoKeys97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't deny this gave me a good laugh and was worthwhile to read however there seems to be quite a bit of controversy about it... Was it original? It's possible to come up with the same thing as someone else but unlikely. And if you really did copy something you saw once, please, you shouldn't don't do it again. It's not right to trick other people and take advantage of Teen Ink. If you really did like this and wanted to claim it as your own, next time try adding your ow... (more »)

XaviorPink said...
I heard this haiku at a poetry slam. I like it.

Fabgal said...
May 17, 2012 at 9:00 am
Girl thats Fabulous! ;)

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Guys, this is a completely unoriginal poem. It's not even 'inspired,' it's just completely copied out, which is against TI's mantra. So please, in response to this, don't give plagiarism a good rating, because it definitely doesn't deserve it. I don't 'think' this was copied, I know. Just compose a quick google search, and you'll see how right I am.

Alana11 said...
Definitely the best poem I've ever read. No joke.

tionashaylaR said...
dude, back off this kids writing... if you think he copied it, good for you (: arent you cool for pointing that out! (sarcasm) 

IamtheshyStargirl said...

Ripped off, but funny. I think you could have used the idea, but applied it differently, given it a new twist, in a way that's personal to you. 

Also, haikus are very complex, more so than is readily perceivable to the american eye. 

pinkowl said...
haahahah, this is funny. (: made my day

xxcmcxx This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 11, 2010 at 10:18 am
This is a t-shirt in delia's! You copied it word for word!

IamtheStargirl said...
This is hilarious, but it doesn't count as a haiku, it doesn't have any nature in it.

DragonMaster66.6 replied...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:41 am
AYe! It is fnny, I got a few good chuckles out of it, but it isn't really to be considered a haiku. But good job anyways:)

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

haikus dont need to have nature.

they just need five sylables then seven then five.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
You obviously don't have a Japanese-haiku purist in your household :)

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Stargirl your comment literally made me laugh out loud XD