Aging

Light of laughter,
Smiles stretching from ear to ear,
Foreign hands clamped together,
Arms flying and lying behind backs,
Before the Camera lens.
Above the half-eaten cupcakes,
Ripped trend magazines,
Scribbled homework,
Phones laid on the ground with camera mode,
Blankets scattered about,
Darkness creeping from the window,
But the flashlights casting a barrier,
Between visible and invisible.
Words echo the halls,
Soon dissolve in the waters of time
But the photo will remain,
Burring into yellow and soiled.

ShrivastavaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16 at 3:15 pm
Now that's one of my favorite. Captured emotions very well.

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 7:54 am
@Shrivastava Thanks! I appreciate the comment.

Angeline_Ray said...
Apr. 30 at 2:01 pm
You have some talent for yourself. You are a great writer.

Apr. 30 at 7:47 pm
@Angeline_Ray Thank you, Angeline! :)

Summer_R_QuinnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 28 at 3:01 pm
I can't even put into words how great of a writer you are.

Apr. 28 at 3:16 pm
@Summer_R_Quinn Awwwwwww, thanks! :)

Angel04This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27 at 11:24 pm
LOVE THIS! You're better than me, Wolf!

Apr. 28 at 3:16 pm
@Angel04 It takes time you know, the poems you write, the better you become in your writing.