Dream Catcher

Feathers hanging solemnly,
Strings stretched and connected,
Beads of various colors align,
All woven inside a wooden loop,
A human-made web for insects of darkness.

Souls that are at ease,
Shadows curdling and thirsting fear,
Closing in with bony hands,
But a beam of light appears before the web,
A wind pulling the Beings of darkness in,
Stumbling and holding ground,
Trapped within the strings,
Screeching in agony, pleading for mercy.

Helios rising from his daily duty,
His beaming rays catching the strings,
Heat sensations to the Beings,
The screaming and grinding of teeth,
Darkness’s creatures dissolved to nothing,
A soul safe under the umbrella,
An invisible spider,
Waiting to trap its preys in the Dark
And feed on its suffering and pain
For the good of starry sky dreams.

ShrivastavaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:18 pm
Great concept @WolfWhisperer0911 this is my favorite poem of yours. Sorry but obsessed by your work

Malcolm_ChaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 28 at 6:09 pm
Lovely poem @WolfWhisperer0911! I'm really hoping to read your next ones! I can't wait!

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 28 at 10:03 pm
@Malcolm_Chase Thanks Malcolm! :)

Summer_R_QuinnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 28 at 3:01 pm
Love it, just like all your other stories!

Apr. 28 at 3:17 pm
@Summer_R_Quinn Thanks! I have three short stories that are still waiting to be published, so stay tuned! I am sure you, Angel, and the others will love them! :)

Summer_R_QuinnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 28 at 8:13 pm
Sounds great!

Angel04This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27 at 11:25 pm
Yet again, another great work of art! ;)

Apr. 28 at 3:15 pm
@Angel04 Thanks, Angel! :D