As the Day Goes By. | Teen Ink

As the Day Goes By.

April 15, 2018
By CeCeR BRONZE, Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
CeCeR BRONZE, Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As the day goes by, the lighten up sun turns into the cold-hearted moon.
As the day goes by, you come into the world as it still blooms.
As the day goes by, Spring turns into Summer in the month of June.
As the day goes by, you go to a new school year that makes you feel doomed.
As the day goes by, your emotions try to take over you.
As the day goes by, you graduate your senior year ready start the life you’ve waited for.
As the day goes by, you meet the one you’ve waited for all your life at your front door.
As the day goes by, a new creature is being held in your arms as your tears are falling to the floor.
As the day goes by, that creature grows up into the adult you’ve hoped for.
As the day goes by, you turn into the best grandparent you could ever be.
As the day goes by, a new child is born to replace the one that is going away, in a flee.
As the day goes by, everything starts all over again as it should be.
As the day goes by, the lighten up sun turns into the cold-hearted moon.


The author's comments:

The reason why I wrote this piece is that life goes away in a flash, and I wanted to write that in a poem and illustrate that!