The Green Couch | Teen Ink

The Green Couch

By RachHall BRONZE, Napa, California
RachHall BRONZE, Napa, California

I sit before flowers hoping they will train me in the art of opening up -Shane Koyzcan

I sat on the green leather couch right infront of my window with a blanket just covering my legs, my knees up to my chest and a warm mug half filled with Chamomille Tea. There was music on, very lightly but enough to hear the lyrics with almost complete silence. Staring outside, I watched every droplet of water fall from the clouds in a neverending sequence, going on for hours and hours to come. Every couple of minutes my mind would wander off and the droplets would freeze in the air, only to resume falling after my mind came back to my body. The clock ticked and tocked as the seconds passed by and all I could do was wish for the time to ice up again and wait for my body to freeze as well, so the rain droplets could stay still in the air.  But, eventually, the rain stopped falling and the ground dried up in a matter of a couple of hours. There was no use for me sitting on that green couch anymort. I got up and walked outside and went for a walk.

I don't know much about Poems, but I hope you like this little piece I wrote.