Mental Illness

Scrolling through Instagram I see a post that reads,
"suicidal people are like angels that want to go home."
The media romanticises my pain
It's not beautifully tragic
like TV would have you think.
There's no bittersweet glamor
no artistic melodrama.
We're not angles
our home is not in the clouds
I'm sorry if reality is ugly,
but we are simply sick people who need help.
Society has created a distorted looking glass for you to gaze through
it contains nothing but lies.

Elizabeth2001 said...
today at 8:57 am
You're an amazing person and the world needs people like you to rid it of lies. Stay here you're needed.

un_namedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:56 pm
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. (I'm doing much better, don't worry. I'm not going anywhere.)

itsokay11This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:54 am
Hey liked what you had to say.:) The world needs more people like you so please don't leave it.

today at 9:59 pm
Thank you so much for your kind comment, it made my day. (I'm getting better and I'm really happy)

itsokay11This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:35 pm
I'm really glad to hear that :) I truly wish you all the best and that you have a full, happy life. The important thing is that your never alone, even if it feels that way sometimes. x