It's Been Awhile | Teen Ink

It's Been Awhile

January 3, 2018
By realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington
realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I don't know where I'm going from here but I promise it won't be boring." -David Bowie


It’s been awhile since I saw you last. So long that you don’t know I’m stuck in the past. I try to forget and move on but the thought of you doesn’t fade for long. I hate that I miss you when you don’t miss me at all. I’m sure by this point you don’t remember my name. Yet you still write a card with nothing to say but things to cover the blank space. It’s funny when you put in a twenty dollar bill hoping to buy my love, but I’m not sure that’s what you want anymore. I’m sure you’re fine without me like I try to be without you. It’s been awhile since I saw you last, it doesn’t hurt that bad. I hope you eventually fade away like fog on glass. I’ll try to outrun my past. Every family has their secrets I suppose you could say that’s you. I don’t tell them you’re missing from my life, or you’re the monsters I feared laying awake waiting for dear mother to check under the bed. But mother wasn’t so dear to you was she? You accepted her heart, never really giving her yours. I wish she knew who you were. You replaced us like a rich family getting a better house only for the sole purpose that the grass was greener over there. Do you really love each other to the moon and back? You and I both know that’s not the truth. You still cheat like you did before. I’m glad it’s been awhile since we saw each other last. I’m no longer stuck in our past. I don’t miss you like I used to I don’t think of you late at night. It may still hurt and I may not trust but you made me stronger in the long run.