I Am. You Are. | Teen Ink

I Am. You Are.

By MasonAlce SILVER, New Paris, Indiana
MasonAlce SILVER, New Paris, Indiana

"You know my methods, Watson."

I am not a genius.

I am not an idiot.

I am not what the people around me say what I am.

I am not the man people believe me to be.

I am better: I am average.

I am me.

You are you.

Be who you know you are.

Don't be what people think you are.

Don't be what people want you to be.

Be Great.

Be you.

I'll be me.

on Feb. 7 2018 at 10:30 am
MasonAlce SILVER, New Paris, Indiana

"You know my methods, Watson."

Anyone who wants to have their work proofread, I would gladly read anything that you send me. I love to read and write, and hope to help others find their confidence in writing. If you need a proofreader or editor, I'm your man.

on Feb. 7 2018 at 10:27 am
MasonAlce SILVER, New Paris, Indiana

"You know my methods, Watson."

Wow. That's really good! Have you submitted anything else? I would love to read them

Wesley_350 PLATINUM, Huntington, Indiana
It's called 'Some People Say' Some people say You are how you were Raised, I think otherwise, Because if I was how I Was raised, then I’m, Only abandonment and lies. Some people say That your parents influence Who you are, I say Yes they do but only to A certain age That stops when we start Thinking for ourselves. Some people say That people can’t change I say that we can do Anything that we set Our minds to Just think how powerful Your brain is, with a Little bit of trying you’re good. Some people say “That’s not enough, you need more.” But why do we need more Other than our actions that should Be enough, right? Now I say, you can and will Do whatever you want, Just set your mind to it.

MasonAlce SILVER, New Paris, Indiana

"You know my methods, Watson."

I'd love to! Yeah, it takes a long time. Mine usually take about a week or so after I submit it.

I wrote a poem saying something similar I submitted it but apparently, it can take a while. Reply and I'll send it to you if you want to hear it.