The Flag | Teen Ink

The Flag

By lindskott12 SILVER, Ocnonomowoc, Wisconsin
lindskott12 SILVER, Ocnonomowoc, Wisconsin

I stand and raise my right hand to my heart and I pledge. Because we live in a country where I don’t have to stand, I stand and pledge to the people who have sacrificed their lives so I don’t have to. I pledge to the people who made it possible for me to be treated equally even though I am a Japanese-American. I pledge to you.

I pledge allegiance to the flag. Because my life is in your hands and my loyalty for this country is unconditional, I pledge allegiance to the flag and the people who have made it possible for me to live my life without worry. I pledge allegiance to the flag that represents our country, and the freedom I have. I pledge allegiance to the flag.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. Because the flag represents the United States of America and the diversity that comes with it, I stand and pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. I have pride in our country and appreciate the lives sacrificed to make America a diverse union. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.

I stand and raise my right hand to my heart and I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America. Because I live in a country where I don’t have to stand, where I don’t have to live in fear or worry, and where we are a diverse union, I stand and raise my right had to my heart and pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.