Color Blind | Teen Ink

Color Blind

September 20, 2017
By JadeMaldonado BRONZE, CORAM, New York
JadeMaldonado BRONZE, CORAM, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Yellow for the excitement in my eyes when you told me I was beautiful.

White for the veil that was over me so I couldn’t see the truth.
Pink for the love I had for you. Did you feel the same? Or was it all just a sad game?
Burning red for the sins I committed for you and you looked me in the face and said it’s okay you’re perfect.
Orange for the lies you told me.
Was I honestly that purple with affection to not see  you didn’t mean it?
Was I just somewhere over the rainbow in my own little world to not notice what you really wanted from me?
Gray for how you left me. Crying inconsolable to the point where I couldn’t think.
Black for the fear and depression I had in me but I had to put on a facade of teal so everyone thought I was okay.
Green for the nights I couldn’t sleep thinking about you with her saying, “You make me so happy.”
Brown when I thought about when you said that to me.
Blue is how I felt when I saw you and you walked passed me like you didn’t know me.
Kaleidoscopes in my eyes as tears rolled down my face to see you happy.
When I am here.
Color blind.


The author's comments:

This poem is about whats its like to go through a breakup and how it can feel like all the color in your life has left.