Don't say | Teen Ink

Don't say

By Alyssa Johnson BRONZE, Garland, Texas
Alyssa Johnson BRONZE, Garland, Texas
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Don't say I never gave you anything. You say as you hand me 20 dollars. Knowing that you would take it back the next day
Don't say I never gave you anything as you check into the fancy hotel you know we can't afford
Don't say I never gave you anything as you pay for a fancy vacation. And then you get high before we leave
Don't say I never gave you anything as you give me a blue coin with an elephant on it. Just to take it back the next year
Don't say I never gave you anything as we lay down for a movie. Me not knowing that it was way to inappropriate for a girl my age.
Don't say I never gave you anything as you buy me an ice cream only to complain how it cost a lot of money
I never said you never gave me anything
I say as I graciously take the 20 dollars Knowing I have to give it back the next day. So I better not spend it.
I never said you never gave me anything as my sister and I run around the hotel because it was our only escape from the house that homed so many bad memories.
I never said you never gave me anything as we leave for Arizona. I knew something was off. You were acting sort of funny.
I never said you never gave me anything as I take the beautiful coin because it was my favorite color and had my favorite animal on it. I cherished it because I know I wouldn't have it for long.
I never said you never gave me anything as I watch the movie with you because it was father daughter bonding time. And I just covered my eyes during the bad parts.
I never said you never gave me anything as I eat the ice cream subutly feeling guilty because you had to spend a dollar of your own money on me.
I never said you never gave me anything. I just wish it came with a return receipt