So I Walk | Teen Ink

So I Walk

By emilyas SILVER, Olathe, Kansas
emilyas SILVER, Olathe, Kansas

On this cool fall morning, clouds were covering the sky creating a nice shade. I was tired from homecoming the night before, but the fresh air and open trail were calling my name. So I walk…

I’ve walked on this trail many times in my life so it seems like a routine. As I open my backyard gate, I get a feeling of relaxation. So I walk…

As I approach the woods behind my cul de sac, I notice that the leaves are starting to change into their fall colors. As I traveled on the path deeper into the woods, I start to feel the bugs flying around me and I don’t like bugs. So I walk…

The trail now leads me to the neighborhood pool that, only a few months ago, I was swimming in. In the shade of the clouds and trees I’m glad that I am not swimming now. So I walk…

I soon start to see some kids playing outside on their driveways. My dog started guiding me toward the kids, wanting attention from them. As we got closer, the children’s heads turn when they see my dog approaching. So I walk…

Most October mornings, unlike today, are too chilly for a long walk but the small amount of sunshine emerging through the clouds creates just the right weather. So I walk…

My dog and I approach his favorite houses, where his dog friends live, and he starts to run excitedly to see them. As the dogs play, it feels nice to stand in the fresh, cool air. I tug on the leash, signaling that it is time to turn back. So I walk…

As we start to head back, we head into the woods again. The calmness helps me think and it helps me notice the living things around me. It makes me realize the beauty in the world around me. So I walk.