Allergies | Teen Ink

Allergies

By AdXam00 BRONZE, Shepherdstown, West Virginia
AdXam00 BRONZE, Shepherdstown, West Virginia

When I was younger my mother had allergies. Sneezing and coughing, sneezing and coughing, sneezing and coughing.
When I was younger my mother would tell me to straighten up my room. Sneezing and coughing, sneezing and ...she told me she had allergies because of my bad attitude.
When I was younger I had a birthday party. While they sang happy birthday, my mother would sneeze and cough, sneeze and cough, sneeze and cough.
When I was younger I started middle school. My mom took pictures of me. She was smiling, but I could tell something was wrong. 
When I was younger my mom went to the doctor a lot. Her allergies were getting worse. The doctor said that she must come in a lot more often.
When I was younger my mother's allergies became very detrimental, She started to lose her hair. She told me it was because of her allergy medication.
When I was younger I got in a car accident. I awoke to my mother next to me. Sneezing and coughing, sneezing and coughing, sneezing and coughing. She said, "Son I can't lose you."
When I was younger I had to get a job to pay for my mom's allergy medication. She became very pale. She said it was a side effect.
When I was younger my mother stayed in the hospital for many days. We argued about my grades. "You need to try," She said. I just looked away. "This isn't how I raised you!" She yells. I storm out.
When I was younger my mother died. She had an open casket funeral. I could barely look at her. She was still pale, she still had no hair. But she has now stopped sneezing and coughing, sneezing and coughing, sneezing and coughing.
When I was younger I cried. For days on and nights long. I cried because my last memory of her was me telling her that this wouldn't be happening if it weren't for allergies.
When I was older I had learned that my mother developed a tumor. She has been sick most of her life...I'm sorry mom.

My life is currently a mess. I thought of how I could caption someones emotions and then bring right back to earth, and hoping to humbling them as well.