Let Me Out

Let me out,
I can’t get out
for the world is killing the Wolves.

They are slaughtering 
my kin of wolf blood
just for human’s demand.

Let me out,
for I will run back to the wild
away from all the annihilation.

War is plaguing the world
and screams of pain  
echo in my heart’s chambers.

Let me out,
for I am inside
this prison of a human.

My wolf spirit can’t live
one more day underwater
in the cold oceans of my human soul.

Let me out,
the howls are calling
for me to come back.

I just want to go back
in my warm, furry wolf pelt
and follow my instincts.

Let me out,
no-one’s heart is not clean,
but filthy with sins.

Satan is ruling the world
with his sinister plans
that includes killing the Wolves.

Let me out,
please release the shackles
that traps my soul.

I will offer my soul
as the sacrifice
to free my wolf spirit.

Let me out,
for the urban are abusing
our precious paradise.

Nature is wounded
from the horrible and selfish acts
caused by the humans.

Let me out,
for I have enough
of these heartless humans.

A man in business clothes
is forcing conscious America
into rejecting Nature’s call for help.

Let me out,
for I will fight with my siblings
to protect our pardise.

Let me out,
let me out of here now,
and I will run.

I will run.

reach4marsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 9 at 9:18 pm
Great piece! But very sad :(

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 10 at 9:01 am
@reach4mars Thanks! This poem was something I could relate to when I was around 6th grade. :( But now I'm happy as ever! :)

bjfz03-10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 8 at 1:05 pm
this is really good, but I think you can make it better. Would you like to know how?

May 9 at 7:30 am
@bjfz03-10 Definitely! :) Any critic or praise is welcome in the comments!

bjfz03-10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 9 at 10:45 am
Think of it like a song. It's a poem, but what are lyrics? Poetry in there own form. So what you wrote can be made into lyrics without even trying. Just put a tune to it and you will see things that you didn't see before.

May 9 at 6:01 pm
@bjfz03-10 Got it! I will work on this immediately. Thanks for the advice. :)

May 10 at 10:32 am
Your welcome