The Speech Maker

I walk across the hollow deck
     placing my hand
         on the railing
             of the bow
and I gaze
     across the sea

I close my eyes
and breath
one
     two
         three
The roaring waves calm
     a silent abyss.
Just me and the sea

I call to order the storm
     and tranquil replies
I speak to life a hurricane
     and the sea complies
Too much, too soon.
a salty spray blinds my thoughts

Panic. consumes my psyche.
I forgot the words
      that calm the storm.
and then, it’s time,
     I breathe.
          I speak.
To calm the storm I created.
     and the sea
          is intrigued.
The skies clear on my command

When I smile,
     the waves begin to roll once more.
           I breathe.
My time on board is done.

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 26 at 7:44 pm
@Savannah.W So true with me. I had to do that when I was on a stage for theatre once. It was the best feeling I ever had.

kissthemoonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 25 at 8:38 pm
Its so well written. I imagine it to be about life, is it?

Savannah.WThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26 at 5:19 pm
@kissthemoon It is about public speaking

kissthemoonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26 at 9:13 pm
I noticed the picture and title after I read it and realized what it's all about... but I guess if you could interpret in a different ways then that makes it real deep... lol