I'm Alive. Well, How Are You?

My veins are rivers,

They carry what's left of me.

I'm alive, surely I am.

But my body is stone,

And my heart is glass.

But these rivers, they course

Vital energy - all that I have left to hold onto.

All I hear are my hushed screams.

They are covered with tape.

Can you hear my trembling lips move?

No, I can't make a sound.

I'm all tied up, motionless.

I look to the sky, pleading,

As my stiff leg cracks.

I am hurt and he knows all too well.

He smiles while his eyes burn.

His hatred cracks my heart 

Solely made of glass.

I realized at that moment what he was.

He shrugged, dousing me in gasoline.

And as he lit the match,

He threw it onto my helpless body,

Setting my soul ablaze,

Obliterating my heart.

But yes, I made it out alive.

Patrick82432This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 18 at 6:03 pm
As usual, you never fail to amaze me with your description and word choice, as well as relatability! This is yet another truly amazing piece that I'm sure many can relate to, and you have a gift to write pieces like this that you use to its fullest potential, and you never fail to lose your edge. Everything I read from you is understandable, colloquial in message yet elegant in the word choice and magnificent in telling the tale, whether directly or indirectly. You're gifted, no doubt!

Your_Apathetic_BasketcaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18 at 6:57 pm
@Patrick82432 Your words are too kind, and I feel the same about your work. It is actually the best I have read on this website, for that matter. Your language is meritorious, and well equipped beyond your years as an adolescent! I know that your work is one hundred percent unique, and well defined in depth. Your word choices along with the phrases you use, are well beyond impeccable. I always try to make my work relatable for people, because I think that hits home most with people who have a st... (more »)