Munching on a Crumb | Teen Ink

Munching on a Crumb

March 27, 2017
By Cyclone1999 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Cyclone1999 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Screech
The town bustles with people, unlike the couple peacefully walking to the park.
The sun beats down with its smile, as weak winds fail to challenge its power.
Screech

Crinkle
A blanket covers the ground—suddenly it turns to night underneath its fabric.
Opening the woven wood, out comes a melon; the green melon, sheltering its red inside.
Crinkle

Munch
The giggling couple bites down. Juice spits with every bite, dripping from their mouths.
A tiny piece slips and falls into the dirt, calling nearby animals to its deliciousness.
Munch

Tap
Ants crawl to the crash site and carry the foreign food back. Marching, their Queen is pleased.
She devours the food, giving her strength. With it, she continues their colony.
Tap

Buzz
A twisting trail of juice remains, left behind by the ants. Bees buzzing overhead see it.
Dive-bombing, they race each other for a sip of the sweetness. Dessert is served.
Buzz

Sip
Leftovers seep into the soil, twirling their way past rocks to reach the roots.
The flowers drink this juice and turns it into dinner. They bloom brightly.
Sip

Chirp
All is quiet in the town. The couple packs up their blanket and walks home.
All the animals and plants now rest on a full stomach, all thanks to a crumb.
Chirp