Texts | Teen Ink

Texts

March 16, 2017
By jennad433 BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
jennad433 BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

And he told me that being in my arms was euphoric.
He told me after our first date, when I didn't even know how I felt.
When I was unsure how to feel because I've never felt the way you should feel when the person you've been waiting to meet your whole life suddenly appears out of thin air.
But reading that text sealed my thoughts on everything I thought romance could be.

Euphoric.
And he told me I made him believe in fate. He told me this after our second date, when I knew how I felt.
When I knew for certain that he wasn't like every other guy that walked into my life only to leave my mind in a state of chaos and destruction.
But reading that text sealed my thoughts on everything I thought romance should be.
Fate.
And he told me he was happy to have me in his life.
He told me this after our third date, when I was soaring through clouds and I was happier than I thought I could ever be.
When another person could put a smile across my face without trying, by simply existing, by just being them and being in their presence.
But reading that text sealed my thoughts on everything I thought romance would be.
Happy.
And he told me we would be better off as friends.
He told me this after four weeks of silence, when I was confused on what I was doing in my life.
When someone who has made you happier than you could imagine leaves you without an explanation.
When someone you cared so deeply about turns into a monster.
When the memories you made turn into nightmares, and the thought of moving on leaves you trembling with fear.
When his savage acts scar you in the worst way possible. Non physical.
When you realize this fiend is just like all the others.
And reading that text sealed my thoughts on everything romance isn't.
Real.