Empty Picture Frame

In the large house, on the crooked bookshelf, next to the stack of old high school yearbooks, in the picture frame there was a photograph. You could look, as closely as you could for as long could, and this is what you’d see:
Two girls, the blonde and the brunette, suntanned and embracing each other on a boardwalk many summers ago. You’d see their smiles, carefree and joyful. You could see their perfect friendship, as clear as the glass that protected it.
But that is all you would see.
The photograph didn’t show the blonde looking into the mirror each night and telling herself she was ugly. It didn’t show the brunette up each night as well, hiding from her so called “home”.
The photograph didn’t show the blonde crying on the brunette’s shoulder, makeup running down her cheeks with her tears. And the brunette comforting her, as if her problems weren’t as important.
The photograph didn’t show the blonde slowly shutting out the world, retreating into a self-made darkness. It didn’t show the brunette trying to fit into the world as she sat out alone in the cold, dark, nights.
The photograph couldn’t tell you how that two weeks from that weekend on the boardwalk, the two friends would fight. It didn’t show their seemingly perfect friendship cracking and crumbling. It didn’t show both of their regret, all of their tears.
The photograph didn’t show the blond returning to the world. Or the brunette falling out of it.
So I guess the “perfect” picture in the Blonde girl’s large house, on the crooked bookshelf, next to the stack of old high school yearbooks, in the frame didn’t show you much at all. The frame was practically empty.

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 7:07 pm
@juliasarar Here is the link to my story!!! :D TeenInk.com/novels/fan_fiction/book/172623/Five-Nights-at-Freddys/ I didn't write all the chapters because I wanted to give sort of a feeling that the readers wants to know what happened. But, reassure that I am working hard on Chapter 2!! By the way, love the poem!!

juliasararThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 4 at 8:07 am
Awesome! I'll go check it out! Thanks!

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 4 at 10:01 am
@juliasarar I took it off due to the writer's block, but I will bring it back when I finish all the chapters. I'll give you the link so that you get a sneak peek on my story!

May 4 at 11:48 am
@SpeakerofWolves The link didn't send me to your piece?

May 4 at 11:49 am
@SpeakerofWolves OOOOH Okay, I can't wait!

May 4 at 9:47 pm
@juliasarar Yeah. However, I may send you the link to my story.

millionthoughts2sayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 19 at 7:41 pm
I love it! I enjoy how I can out myself in the shoes of the writer! Keep writing!!!!

May 4 at 8:05 am
Thank you so much!