Moonstruck

She comes quietly through my bedroom window
Streams between the blinds I left open just for her 
Her shining, opal eyes cast around in the dark
Finding me hunched over an unwritten story

In greeting, she lovingly drapes over me
And, with a sigh, I say, “Bonsoir, mon Clair de Lune”
She beams, silver spilling from her supple lips
Dribbling down her pale chin into my inkwell

I dip my pen into the molten riches
Sipping the luster, drinking the inspiration
Then, the words begin to flow and seep into the page
A poignant tale of a man in love with the moon

And when I finally dock the pen, she’s there
Opal eyes gazing at the words she inspired
My luminous muse, the brilliant light by which I write
Pulls me in like the tide and kisses me goodnight

addictwithapenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 12:21 pm
This is beautiful! I love the moon. Honestly, I really can’t think of anything I would suggest to change about this one.

hwoodruff98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 9 at 9:47 pm
Thank you so much for all of your feedback; I really appreciate it! And the moon is pretty great ;)

thewarrior77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 9:49 am
Wow! This poem is incredible! Your level of complexity and emotion in your language is very mature and well sculpted. It's literally enchanting to read, sucks the reader in until they feel one with the narrator. You are so talented! Keep it up!

Apr. 9 at 9:48 pm
Wow, thank you so much! And thank you for reading over my work :)

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 8 at 9:11 pm
This is amazing! Truly a masterpiece of poetry! Instant favorite! :)

Apr. 9 at 9:11 am
Wow, thank you so much! (I'm blushing over here XD)