I'll Never Forever | Teen Ink

I'll Never Forever

By alexismaywatson BRONZE, Middleville, Michigan
alexismaywatson BRONZE, Middleville, Michigan

'When you're in a war you have to know what you're fighting for.'

I'll never forget it. The way your back looked when you walked away. The way your head dropped when you knew it was the last time you'd be in my life. I'll never forget the sound of your shoes scuffing against the ground. I'll never forget the time you told me I was the only one. I'll never forget the time you said you'd always stay, no matter the situation, time, or how many times I brought it up. You knew if I brought it up more than once it was important and you'd remember. That's just who you were. I'll never forget the time we went to the beach and you wanted to show me the turtle eggs and the spots their mothers had chosen for them to hatch and go about their life. I'll never forget the time you tried teaching me how to skip a rock. I'll never forget the time you told me I was just so 'Simple and Sweet'. I would listen to that song for hours. I loved it. I'll never forget freshmen year Spanish, and my compulsive need to be better than you. I'll never forget the one time you got a better grade than me on a quiz.. I'll never forget the look on your face, how proud you were. You had beat me. I'll never forget how cold your room was. I'll never forget how welcoming and sweet your parents were. I'll never forget the time we played 'soccer', on the beach near your house, even though it wasn't really soccer, we just kicked the ball around and talked. I'll never forget any of it.

But what I'll mostly never forget..

I'll never forget how you walked away like I was absolutely nothing to you.

I wrote this about someone in my life who had kept hurting me, and I felt writing this would help me get over that. Which it did. 

Malayna said...
This is really good, and I'm sorry.

on Feb. 17 2017 at 11:03 am
Sofia_Gonz07 GOLD, San Marcos, CA, California
Omg, I'm so sorry.