loving me to pieces This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“I love you to pieces” was not true
Because he broke me into pieces
But it was not love that did it.

“I love you to pieces” was not true
Because loving is not only the saying of the word
But the following through that comes after and before and during
He had great follow through
His fists never missed my stomach or the left side
Of my head.

“I love you to pieces” was not true
But I believed him
Because being told that I was loved
Was more important than whether it was true
Or not.

“I love you to pieces” was, in some ways,
The truth
Because if it was love
He did not love me whole.

anna4real.zThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 5:59 pm
LOVE this. Sad, but pretty well put.

yesterday at 5:59 pm
LOVE this. Sad, but pretty well put.

Van1sherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 4 at 7:38 pm
WOW! I love this.

literaC said...
Oct. 4 at 5:53 pm
This is beautiful. It feels like it come straight from the heart, but it's so sad! Keep up the amazing work!

ImaginationIsImportantThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 4 at 1:01 pm
I'm sorry if this was based on your real life event. I love how it's beautifully written and conveyed.

Roe-DanielsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 4 at 7:40 am
This speaks to the soul with how raw it is. Tragic events but beautiful writing. ❤️