Smoke and Mirrors | Teen Ink

Smoke and Mirrors

Smoke. Mirrors.

the word love.

Genuine. Deep.

unfathomable connection.

Smoke. Mirrors.

fool.

Me.

m.turco SILVER said...
on Aug. 26 2016 at 10:28 am
m.turco SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you"
Matthew 7:7

Smoke and mirrors, a phrase meaning "the obscuring or embellishing of the truth of a situation with misleading or irrelevant information," can be applicable to almost everything in our society today. The majority of the things that we believe to be true, valuable, and good are actually the opposite. In this illusion of a life, it is hard to see past the tricks and lies. We are forced to see everything one way and exist in a clouded stupor. Yet the truth still remains and we have an unfathomable connection to it. Love is the most powerful force on earth; but alas it is still tainted by smoke and mirrors. However, a battle is raging within the author's heart, for he recognizes love behind its disguise and feels its insistent pull towards the light. A beautiful poem that has such a valuable meaning! Thank you.

m.turco SILVER said...
on Aug. 26 2016 at 10:28 am
m.turco SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Matthew 7:7