small talk with atlas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i came across atlas the other day.
she is pale, but looking well.
staying in the city with family, she says.
she asks me how i’ve been.
i tell her my summer’s just ending,
academia calls, i say.
she laughs and says she understands.
after a moment’s pause, i remember,
and i ask how she is.
she says,
(i am chasing sleep.
the tragedies of those around me
have become my own.
told i am a blessing
so that my pride can be used
to drive me forward
and wear me down.
i am ragged. i am raw.
and all i have to show
is the poetry i write to plead with those
whose bodies i carry to the sky
in the hopes that all they need is light.
be it known that i am still standing.
but if i take another step
i will die.)
i’m fine.

Nated315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 9:08 am
soo deep and powerful! i feel lots of emotions when i read this piece!!!! you deserve editor's choice!!!! how long have you been writing???

TessM.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 1:02 pm
Thank you so very much!! That means the world! I've been writing for about ten years now. I hope you know your comment honestly made my morning!

Nated315This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:12 am
i'm glad when i can brighten someone's day, especially when they deserve it. :)