White Birds

When you see the glimmering green,
play catch with golden snow,
and a spray reaches down,
to caress your cheeks,
you know you’re there.

The face of a phoenix,
kissing your skin,
leaving it’s honey lipstick,
you know you’re there.

Misshapen clouds gliding,
through the ink hue,
fall to our feet,
consuming stolen treasures,
and escape from miniature shadows,
rushed squeals from the addiction,
you know you’re there.

When your chest expands,
with the clapping of shore,
and contracts,
enclosing in the invisible night,
you know you’re there.

Dipping a toe into,
rolling layers of silver dough,
and pulling your stomach together,
submerging underneath the glitter,
finding it slow,
but in a quick,
you know you’re there-
you know you’re there.

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:01 pm
That's amazing @pineappler03 btw will you check and comment on my teen ink video work named,"The Unbeatable Breakdancer"? :)

mydearwatsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 25 at 6:35 pm
Very nice! Love the description, especially "play catch with golden snow" and "honey lipstick". This made me feel calm and content. :)

pineappler03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 4:24 pm
Thank you :)

Dream_Palace said...
Aug. 18 at 2:09 pm
I really like this! The two main feelings I get from reading this poem are nostalgia and contentedness, and I think you really managed to bring these two emotions out! Great job! (PS Thanks for commenting on my poem "Hourglass"!)