I Don't Understand...

I …
Don’t…
  Understand…
In this world so many things don't make sense to me.
For me that’s just a part of being young, I know in the future I might see.
B-but…
There’s one thing I don’t think I’ll ever understand.
And that thing is how one can kill a man.
           And that thing is how some can lie to a people and turn ‘round and kill their kin.
          To throw them in jail for nothing.
So I don’t think what I’m speaking of has been realized, just to clear it up i'm talkin’ about Black Lives!
We black kids have been lied to.
They tell us to keep our noses clean,to do it all right,but when we get successful we die in jail for a broken taillight.
We are tired of the police shooting our dark skin on sight.
Someone gotta stand up and say this stuff ain't right!
We’re done with white feelings silencing our fight!
I hope that after all this we gonna be alright but,
BAM.
         BAM.
                  BAM.
These gunshot have taken us.
Mothers have lost sons.
Wives their husbands.
Children their parents.
Women their lives.

Black. Lives. Matter.

And I don’t understand when you’re gonna realize.  

Jackpot-the-GreatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:15 am
A true statement about racial tension. Need to be said! Cheers!

anonymous06This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:24 am
I don't understand how this didn't get in the magazine. This is such an amazing piece and it involves such recent events. I truly love from "Mothers have lost sons" all the way to the end. Those are such simple words at the end, but, man, they took a toll. Keep up the great work!

Realest.Feminist.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 10:10 am
thank you tell ur friends about it plz!