Mayflies only live for a span on 24 hours, less even.  Can you imagine?  All of the stages of years and years worth of life, in a mere 24 hours?  The infancy, and then the years of being a toddler, only in a few short hours, to which most mayflies only live to see.  Being a mayfly, if you are lucky, you would reach the angsty teenage years for a few hours after the toddler years, if you see angsty teenage years s lucky.  But fear not if you are one of the lucky ones, then you have reached the years of adulthood shortly after your teens, for the next few hours.  But just think, only a few short hours of adulthood, a whole new life.  You hardly have any time to fall in love, and hell, no time to enjoy it. Your existence is dependent on your procreation.  You find a mate, you bread, you die.  All in a few, short, hours.  Live your life as if you only even a minute of your life, because you cannot get it back if you do.  That minute would be lost forever.  Live your life as if every moment is the last.  Live your life as a mayfly.