The Skin You Hate | Teen Ink

The Skin You Hate MAG

By eatclouds BRONZE, Alexandria, Indiana
eatclouds BRONZE, Alexandria, Indiana

Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation. -Graham Green

That you're so desperate to crawl out of,

Reminds me of that sweet honey you love so much.

It makes me think of sunlit sand, and most times

I wonder 

How a simple pigment can create such a universe

Of a person.

I had this friend, and her skin was a beautiful golden brown color and she was a stunning girl in general, inside and out. She would always talk about how she wanted to have a lighter skin color and no matter how often I tried to convince her that she was beautiful she never believed me. I love her very much, and she is the most amazing person I have ever met, so I wrote her a poem in hopes that she would see that. (The honey part is because she loved these weird little honey stick candy things)

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I think this is a gorgeous poem; I love the overall structure, the shortness and sweetness to it, as well as the pure honesty of it. Great job and keep writing! :)