Dear Me At the Beginning of Junior Year | Teen Ink

Dear Me At the Beginning of Junior Year

May 18, 2016
By mckaykay SILVER, Lostant, Illinois
mckaykay SILVER, Lostant, Illinois
7 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.


Dear Me At the Beginning of Junior Year,
You are about to learn the worst lessons of your life.  You 
are about to discover who people really are.  You are about to have your soul ripped to pieces and have to choose between work and friends, school and life, and people and loyalty.  You will choose the wrong one a lot but you will be fine in the end.  I just feel bad that I already know the way the story ends.
You started at a personal high, you finished at a
mediocre. Some where in the middle I watched you hit rock bottom not once but twice, never have I been more scared in your life. I couldn’t let you in on everything that’s going to happen but I can give you hints.
People are going to say they love you, and for a long 
time you'll believe them.  Then one day the numbers they give you, 2 and 2, will somehow equal 8.  then they won't just leave you, they'll tear you to pieces and leave you bleeding.
Your friends, they will become your enemies.  Things you
never thought possible of them, they will do all of them.  In dreams you'll be haunted by that bullet to the gut, given to you by the people you love.  In daylight, you'll watch them slowly turn, until you realize they didn’t really care.  And then you'll realize those dreams weren't entirely wrong.
Life is going to screw you over. Its going to break all of
Your walls you worked so hard to build.  You're going to learn the hard way if you don’t respect you, no one will.  And by that I mean people are going to walk on you, because they think that they can.  But one day you'll break and realize you are worth more…and then their wrath will break upon you once more. 
You're going to have to learn how to say goodbye, even
Though you love someone, you can no longer stand  the heartbreak of only one person that tries.  Its going to feel like a knife inside you, cutting and twisting you apart.
But the good news is that you win in the end.  You made
It through (mostly) intact.  And your heart wasn't left (permanently) damaged.  And you now know how much strong(er) you are.  Every nice story they ever told you may be a lie, but in your heart you must know, its more important that now you know that nothing ever could make that spark inside of us die.
Sincerely,

A Much Smarter Person


The author's comments:

Its been a little rough