The Hands of People | Teen Ink

The Hands of People

By Experiences_happen BRONZE, Shawnee, Kansas
Experiences_happen BRONZE, Shawnee, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Faking a smile is so much easier than explaining why you're sad."

The hands of a mother, are gentle and meek. They heel you when you're sick and warm you when you're cold.

The hands of a grandfather are admiring and proud they hug and make you feel special.

My hands are scared protective and garding. Keeping me safe from what he may do next.

The hands of a father are painful, fast, unpredictable, and selfish. They degrade the ones he says he "loves" Howevever, we all know he doen't.

As a kid, my father was emotionaly, verbally, and physically abusive towards me. I didn't have any way to express my feelings toward others because I kept it a secret. Even from my mom. The only way to sya what was happening was poetry. 

on May. 23 2016 at 8:13 am
RJRidley BRONZE, Sydney, Alabama
Glad you found a passage way through which you can open up. Im not telling you what to do but you do realise that people are not born as cold hearted abusers they have good intentions. What ever you're dad did was obviously from your dad changing himself based on his reactions to past experiences. Forgive or not, every human can be reborn into something special.