Those Kids Who Swear | Teen Ink

Those Kids Who Swear

May 3, 2016
By Inconspicuous GOLD, Olympia, Washington
Inconspicuous GOLD, Olympia, Washington
10 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"LeedleLeedle"
-Patrick Star


Everyone knows that kid.

That group.

That grade.

The ones who "swear because they can".

I wonder if they have seen it happen before, because I have.

In my eyes, those kids who swear are the ones who hide behind profanity to hide their insecurity.

In my eyes, those kids who swear are the ones who think the have to be like the rest of society. Their friends swear, so they have to swear.

In my eyes, those kids who swear are the ones are crushed by peer pressure, and reach for the cigarette.

In my eyes, those kids who swear are the ones who go and graffiti walls  because they're afraid that they won't ever make a bigger mark on society.

In my eyes, those kids who swear get internet boyfriends and send them nudes, hoping they'll be judged to be pretty, and get cyberbullied with DM's like 'wh**e' and 'just die'.

In my eyes, those kids who swear are the ones who surround themselves with alchohol and cocaine, telling themselves that this makes it all better.

in my eyes, those kids who swear end up atop a terrace, wishing for it all to be over.

 

I've seen it. Every day, in and out, it happens.

 

And it makes me wonder...

 

'how do they not see it in their eyes?'