You Deserve the Entire World | Teen Ink

You Deserve the Entire World

By thinkingoverthinking PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey
thinkingoverthinking PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey

You deserve the entire world.  You deserve it because you are the entire world to me.  When I’m falling into a sleepy depression, a single glance to your face sends me back into a happy reality.  When my life is crumbling before my eyes, you take me aside and glue it all back together.  So what if it falls apart again the second you leave?  You make me whole, if only for a little while.
     You deserve love - unconditional love.  That’s what you give to the world, and that’s what the world should give to you.  The sadness that comes over your eyes when you see someone hurting puts a hole in my heart.  But the brightness in your voice when you’re fixing someone’s heart, piece by piece, heals me to a form beyond this world.
     You deserve Heaven and all that comes along with it.  You are too kind for this sad world.  You are too beautiful for the judging faces.  You are too far above the minds of the rest of us.  You deserve life, but you deserve an afterlife with no more pain, no more sorrow.
     You deserve the kind of love I want to give to you.  But the love I feel for you is too strong for you to feel.  It is otherworldly.  It is more powerful than all the hate that I have for the world.  And you deserve more than to be loved by someone whose heart is filled with hate.

A love letter that I cannot give to the person who it was written for.