An Inconsequential Observation This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The withered robin
on the wire
sits,
speculates,
and silently assumes
about the dog
wandering
the dusty street.

Wandering
the dusty street,
the dog,
crippled and clumsy,
frets,
forages,
and finds
the mouse
beneath the box.

Beneath
the box,
the mouse,
small and scruffy,
trembles,
tilts,
and retreats
through the open
basement window.

Through the open
basement window,
in a metal cage
on the tile floor,
the spotted rabbit
chews,
cherishes,
and checks
for stray celery sticks.

The tiny moth
perched on
the celery stick
ascends,
soars,
and settles atop
the porch railing
outside the house.

Seated on
the concrete steps,
watching
the world go by,
the child
looks,
laughs,
and lives on.

ambivalentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
beautiful.

Kristyn said...
Wow this great! The imagery I'm is is so vivid and I love your word choice.

ACRJH said...
Jun. 5, 2016 at 11:45 am
This poem makes me smile!!

Sarah - Family House said...
You are very talented!!

WindRavenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you very much! :)

LovinaMater said...
Apr. 25, 2016 at 11:31 am
The flow and sound of this poem are truly amazing. I love the playful imagery of the child taking in all the wonders of nature surrounding him/her. I love the hope and exuberance for life this child demonstrates. I look forward to reading more from WindRaven - a truly talented voice.

Thanks! I definitely plan to submit more work in the future. I will also take a look at your work. It sounds like you are also a very talented writer. ·_·