Evolution of life | Teen Ink

Evolution of life

By RaeWrites BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
RaeWrites BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

"Life goes on."

I’ve faced rejection, hurt, heartbreak and death all within the past two years. I am not broken, I am not sad, I am stronger than ever and growing every day. Life does not stop for anyone and no matter how you feel in the moment like my grandfather always says “life goes on.” That doesn’t make any of these situations easier to deal with but it is a constant reminder that it is going to be okay. You are going to survive and you have to continue living. Every day is a constant battle of wanting to wallow in your own sadness while also having to hide these feelings in order to productively navigate throughout the day. We all are simultaneously living life with sadness deep within our hearts. Every one faces pain, everybody faces death and then the next day comes and we all wake up to go to work and school. We laugh, smile and socialize with sorrow pulsating deep within our heart. No matter what you go through all that matters is how you bounce back and use your hurt for growth. The evolution of life is all about learning and growing. We learn from the silly mistaken loves and the ones we take for granted who pass in the night. We learn from our experiences and when we decide to use these experiences as power we are deciding that we are worth survival. 

Growth and heartache.