Painful Reality | Teen Ink

Painful Reality

March 11, 2016
By Maddsloves SILVER, Lenexa, Kansas
Maddsloves SILVER, Lenexa, Kansas
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Slowly going down, I’m drowning. I can’t find the light, all that’s left is darkness. I’m floating to nowhere, I can’t see a single shred of light.

Looking so hard, still nothing to see. Wondering where I’m going, unsure of the blackness. Am I asleep? Am I awake? Why can’t I know? Am I too far from reality? Wondering so far, I can’t even find myself.

I’m trying to understand, to see whats real, still blinded. It doesn’t feel real. To me, your still here, I don’t feel you gone. I’m not thinking the right way.. Why can’t I see the reality I’m faced with? Is it me that doesn’t want to see it? Am I in denial? I think I am. I still hear that voice of yours, just faintly.

Your smile is not gone from my memory, nor your laugh, or voice. One day your here, the next your gone. I’ve left my body, leaving everything behind, only to see you. I don’t care who’s been hurt, to see you once more before I face this, its all Ii want. I want to hear your laugh, voice, see your smile, feel your hug. I can’t let go of what you were, what you still are. I’m sure your okay, I’m sure your fine. But in my mind, your calling for me to join you. Though I know thats not true, because its not my time yet.

You will pull me to you when its my time, but one thing I can’t escape, is that you truly are gone. Millions of miles away, up there in the clouds. I know you look over me, but I still cringe at the fact that your gone, that when I talk to you, I won’t hear a response, the response I so desire. Knowing what had happened to you, would bring me clarity, all of us clarity. Your not gone forever, we will see you soon, I’m sure of it. i wish I could see you now, but I know it’ll come in time.

Till I see you again my friend.


The author's comments:

About a dear family member of mine, you may be gone physically, but not spiritually.