Okay. | Teen Ink

Okay.

By midnightmetanoia PLATINUM, Gaithersburg, Maryland
midnightmetanoia PLATINUM, Gaithersburg, Maryland

"Soon madness has worn you down. It’s easier to do what it says than argue. In this way, it takes over your mind. You no longer know where it ends and you begin. You believe anything it says. You do what it tells you, no matter how extreme or absurd. If it says you’re worthless, you agree. You plead for it to stop. You promise to behave. You are on your knees before it, and it laughs."
— Marya Hornbacher

I just want to be happy for once, and I don’t even mean the dancing through endless fields of flowers and laughing with your arms outstretched as the wind blows through your hair kind of happy, I mean the standing on a balcony at your hotel or at the edge of the cliff after a hike and not wondering what it would be like to jump, I mean the driving down a road by yourself at night and not feeling your hands clench against the wheel and debating whether or not to crash, I mean the kind of happy where it’s okay not to always be okay but at least you’d still know how to, that’s the kind of happy I want to be.