Paper Ocean | Teen Ink

Paper Ocean

By tiffany_mills7 GOLD, Hamilton, Other
tiffany_mills7 GOLD, Hamilton, Other

It goes on.

-Robert Frost

I see the way you scrutinize the blank page in front of you as if it were as GRAND as the ocean itself.  Its emptiness scribbles in your mind, beckoning you to carelessly scribble right back.  I can feel the fear that is transferred into your pen when you hold back from your release on the lonely parchment.  The innocence of the paper intimidates you.  
The harsh    lines are screaming to be filled but YOU JUST CAN’T!   
How can something that weighs so little feel so heavy that it floods your heart with such a melancholy feeling? Drain out your feelings, swim through your mind, dance through your memories, thoughts, wishes, and dreams!  Write on that paper.  Are you sensing it yet? That whisper that bubbles quietly in the back of your shy, bright mind?   
Plunge into the centre of that inaudible whisper, call it out and allow her to immerse louder and louder and louder! 
Until...  THERE! You have just caught yourself an idea an inspiration for something enormous and

stunning.  This idea is a fish on a hook, and it is twitching and begging you to deliver it to water. As a fisher of writing, you must give your fish the freedom it deserves! Suddenly, you remember the bottomless ocean of a paper, and you feel the pressure that once sunk your ship of hope. You have taken your fear and strengthened it to guide you to relief the way the stars once guided the ships. I want you to grasp your paper firmly, for it is the aquarium of which your idea will learn to love!  Release your idea and watch it dive into the welcoming waters, tenderly allowing your creativity to swim in the ocean of paper.