Numb. | Teen Ink

Numb.

By Realest.Feminist. BRONZE, Delmar,NY, New York
Realest.Feminist. BRONZE, Delmar,NY, New York

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."- Tupac Shakur

I feel numb. Like, I’m standing on a cliff and about to fall into the pit of depressed and anxious thoughts.On those days, my body and soul are shocked into numbness. It’s like I’m a ghost. I’m just floating and waiting ‘till I don’t feel like this anymore and wondering,
“Did I ever not feel like this? Is this reality and my life a dream?”
Those days how I yearn to feel something. Anything. And sometimes I do.Though it's sadness pulling me down into its pit, it’s something. And though it's anxious thoughts crowding my mind, it’s something.
The worst is I can’t do anything. I can’t stop my mind running away with itself. I don’t want to try and convince myself that one day it won't be as bad. One day…
One day… 
One day is too far for me to reach anymore.
I’m exhausted and stepping off the edge into the pit. It’s so dark, it’s pitch black. Now i’m sure i’m just floating in midair.
Here is where i’m suppose to be. So, instead of fighting it…
I just let go.

Writing is a way that i let out my feelings and thoughts inside my head. This poem is just some of those thoughts

on Jul. 31 2016 at 2:32 pm
poetic.eyes PLATINUM, Everson, Washington

eARTh

Unique style of poetry. I enjoy the way the sentences are broken in the middle of lines, it almost gives it a more organic feel. The subject is something people can relate to, and as you said is personal to you. That makes the content strong. Also, the repeated words effectively add emotion, but also seem like thoughts... "Those days how I yearn to feel something. Anything. And sometimes I do.Though it's sadness pulling me down into its pit, it’s something. And though it's anxious thoughts crowding my mind, it’s something." Really like this part, sorry I think it messed up the formatting!

on Jul. 25 2016 at 8:04 pm
missfloetry SILVER, Forest Park, Illinois

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
-Al Capone, American Gangster

Had to take some notes, haha. This is good!

on Jul. 25 2016 at 8:04 pm

-Al Capone, American Gangster

on Jul. 5 2016 at 1:35 pm
Blackjack. GOLD, Suffolk, Virginia

"Take a lesson from "the Greatest Man That Ever Lived," Austin Aries. The ambition and vision of one depends on how bad@ss they look in sunglasses." - Me, 2017

"Who is this Jose, and why is he always being denied?" - Corey Graves, 2016

Real unique style of poetry. Real Cool.