Because of Me | Teen Ink

Because of Me

January 2, 2016
By jordylauv GOLD, Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
jordylauv GOLD, Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
11 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Stay gold."


Because of me your lying alone at night because of  how stupid I was, I loved you.

Because of me, things are becoming more stressful at home. My parents are fighting again. 

Because of me, my parents don't get enough sleep at night due to the late police station calls. 

Because of me, my little sister only has a worthless older sister to look up to and only at twelve she's falling into the deep end. Drowning.

Because of me, you lost all of your friends due to my selfishness and jealously. 

Because of me, you're burying your little sister.

Because of me, she collapsed at that one party. 

Because of me, my parents are getting separated.

Because of me, my family is falling apart, just like everyone around me. 

Because of me, you lost your boyfriend of three years. I took advantage of him. 

Because of me, everyone I know are losing their minds. 

But because of YOU, I'm writing this to tell you how sorry I really am. 

And because of me, you'll become a better person. All I ask is to be noticed.


The author's comments:

This small piece includes events that could occur when someone is ignored or not noticed.