He Was A Poet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

He was a poet.

And how should I have known that when our
eyes would meet a thousand words would reach my mind?
A million steady sonnets humming sweet
melodies of eloquence
Billions of love letters that would make our love for touching pen to paper bind
Or trillions of fights of wit to confuse our little common sense

But …
He was a poet.

And how could I have known that the eyes that met mine have met a thousand other women?
A million little songs written for those who never really mattered
Billions of love letters stained with lust
of crimson
Or trillions of sharp tongued words that left me absolutely shattered

Oh, but shouldn’t I have known what he was like?
For
I was a poet too.

addictwithapenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 30 at 1:43 pm
I remember reading this in the magazine. It's a great piece, and I especially love the last few lines, which really end the poem with a punch. Great work!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 25, 2016 at 6:32 am
This is so incredible! It definitely captures those thoughts; poets do tend to find beauty in everyone. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful piece! Congratulations on getting published by the way :)

Consalvator This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Gosh, thank you guys so freaking much! I never knew this would get so popular, and I'm totally shocked! Thank you! :)

missfloetry said...
woah this is so good

Artistflytte said...
Mar. 14, 2016 at 11:24 am
I just read this poem last night in the magazine, and loved it. I'm from Utah, too. It's nice to see some talented poets in this state! I love the story this tells and the emotion in it! It's one of my favorites in the March magazine.

TragicallyHeroic said...
Beautiful, the contrast between the beginning in the end was amazing. Both painted vivid descriptions with sweet words then strong words

LynxWhitetail said...
the last line It was good until then but then it was great.

Savannainthesky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I LOVE this. Amazing job.

Consalvator This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! Much appreciated!

Clytemnistra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I absolutely love this; your tone, your format, just the way your wrote it. Have you heard of Poetry Out Loud? This is a poem I would definitely choose to recite.

Yeah! I could definitely see this as spoken word! Thanks! :)