Images | Teen Ink

Images MAG

November 3, 2015
By jlain PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
jlain PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
28 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Can you feel me now? Hidden in the presence of a lonely existence. Like dirt underneath your fingernails. I’m like the pen of your past that you just can’t wash away and you’re wishing you wrote in pencil. Do you see me? I’m the split at the end of your hair that reminds you daily that you’re not perfect and you’re nowhere close. The red on your skin when you’ve rubbed it raw trying to wash away all your mistakes. Can you feel me weighing you down like the extra curve on your hip? Screaming, For the love of God, cover me up. and even after all that I’m still here screaming at you because you just aren’t good enough. I’m the size of your shoe and the number on your scale. See me, like the scars on your body that remind you of hurting. Think of me when you hide your face because you don’t want them to see the bruise. Cover me up with all that makeup so that no one can see the real me. Just look in the mirror at the shape of your nose, and the size of your eyes. Look at how your hair frizzes out when you don’t dry it and how your lips are cracked because it’s cold outside. Your skin is rough because you hate the feel of lotion. Look at your hands, look at the blood that is starting to show through the cracks. Look down, that’s where I love you most. I love your jagged fingernails, and the roll over the hem of your jeans. I love when I get inside your head and hear you talk down on yourself. I hear you say everything you hate, and I love being the black streaks that stream down your face. There is nothing I love more than the way you hate yourself. Just look in the mirror, I’m not anyone you don’t know, I’m you.